Words that Inspire Me



"मेहनत इतनी खामोशी से करो की कामयाबी शोर मचा दे "

This is a Hindi quote that translates to:

"Work hard in silence, let your success make the noise"

This is one of my favorite quotes primarily because it makes me feel so powerful. The vibe it carries is very motivating. It encourages me when I fall weak and I want to cry out to the world that I am tired of constantly putting in some kind of effort. It inspires me when some of my friends are having a jolly good time while I am stuck studying or working hard. The quote holds a deep meaning and I basically feel invigorated every time I read it.




"It's not your salary that makes you rich, it's your spending habits."

I think this quote carries so much weight to its words. Just read it one more time. It feels like its yelling out to me that buddy, if you want to be rich, you don't need to buy that expensive dress that you won't even wear as many times as many bucks that its worth it. If you want to be rich, you need to control what, where and how much you spend. Lets be honest, finances matter and this is my go to quote whenever I have those naughty urges to waste that newly acquired cash.


"Never make permanent decisions on temporary feelings."

I think this is one quote that will apply to every person reading this. We all have, at some point in our life, made decisions based on anger, hatred, or even happiness for that matter, but have regretted it in the long run. That's probably because these decisions were made on fleeting emotions rather than solid rational thoughts. It's not easy to control our feelings while making a judgement. Even if you could yell out to your heart to stop shooting so many emotions, I don't think it would have listened. Yet that is how life expects us to be. To keep our hearts quiet when our minds are thinking, so that the mind is quiet when our hearts dabble in emotions.



"If your goals don't scare you, they aren't big enough"

Ever heard of the phrase 'dream big'? Well this is a better version of that. If you don't feel frightened about how you will achieve your goals, then are they even goals in the first place? If you reach for the moon, you will at least fall in the stars. Have this faith, and don't set targets that are menial tasks. Your goal should be grand, and your  path should be grander. Don't settle for less. Unless you aim high, you will never reach there.

   

"If it doesn't open, it's not your door"

We all fail sometimes and when you do, think about this quote. Perhaps that opportunity was not meant to be. Perhaps it was not the right direction or your life. Everything happens for a reason and if multiple attempts to achieve something have brought you only failure, maybe this is not your destined path. Regardless of whether you believe in fate or not, some paths are just not meant to be a part of our lives. These are roads not meant to be traversed. Let it go and try something else. Always remember that sometimes you might just have a better chance at something else. 

Let me know in the comments below what you thought about these quotes. Feel free to share any of your favorite quotes. 

Until then... signing off!

S...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Identity and Social Change

My Personal Bucket List