Kathak and Me

My last post was all about Kathak and its history. Most of you must be wondering why I chose a topic as random as Kathak for my blog post. Well this post is exactly to explain the connection between my blog and Kathak.

Kathak is a very very very important part of my life. I have loved dance from a very young age, and it was my mother's dream to see me trained as a Kathak dancer.

My Kathak training started at the age of 6 for a very brief period, under the able guidance of Archana Joglekar, who runs the prestigious Archana Nritylay in New Jersey. However, due to certain family problems, I had to stop going to class a month after I had joined.

My Kathak training stayed on a break until me and my mother discovered Kathak classes in my city, Dombivali. At the age of 12, we met Mrs. Jyoti Shidhaye, founder and proponent of Vishakha Nrityalay. Jyoti Tai (teacher is fondly called Tai in Kathak, which means elder sister) honored me, by accepting me as her student.

Currently, I have completed 5 levels in Kathak through both Bharati Vidyapeeth and Akhil Bhartiya Gandharva Mahavidyalay. I have also completed 1 level from Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth.

I am planning to pursue further levels in the future and achieve my Nrityavisharad and Nrityalankar titles. In the meanwhile, I am also proposing to start a Youtube Channel featuring my performances as well as dances choreographed by me. Stay tuned for more information!

Don't forget to like, share and subscribe

Until then... signing off!

S...


Comments

  1. Hi this is Tanisha again, dids you are a very good kathak dancer.

    P.S. keep up the good work!!! I also like the idea of having you YouTube channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you very much! I am grateful for your appreciation and appreciate the gratefulness you have shown.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identity and Social Change

My Personal Bucket List

Words that Inspire Me